NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pumpkin "peeps"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you know about the little stinkers? There's actually a whole necklace of them.... punkins, Santas, St. Patrick (with that thing in his hand stepping on a snake), a Bunnyman, a Republican and Democrat...all together playing nice. Did I mention the car is really nice?
T
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbva wrote:
Did I mention the car is really nice?

Hmmm, something about it being silver?
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I bought some Neccos and Bottle Caps last weekend. The sugar bosses have been reissuing vintage candies over the past few years.
tbva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be able to post today, I have to go to the TV station to record a spot for the Sugar Council promoting Santa Peeps to the younger generation. They marketing folks think I have "the look" to be really big in TV commercials. The Santa Peeps are going to be available in the schools since it's a really good way to add nutrition to the lunch menu. BTW: they have devised a really safe packaging scheme, those guys are so concerned about safety. The new packaging will be a blister pack made from carbon fiber and Kevlar so the Santas do not get squished in shipping or contaminated. They really are looking out for our welfare.....and...it's such a nice car.
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They marketing folks think I have "the look" to be really big in TV commercials.

I hope and pray that the sugar marketing folks never decide that I have "the look." On the other hand, you said that Mercedes was silver?
tbva

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sugar council has so many events planned for me I'm going to be pooped. They want me to put together a team. Everyone will have matching cars so we will make a high class arrival image when we go on tour, the press really likes this. My car...did I say it's really nice?.......will be the only one with the coveted "Santa Peeps Rule" wheels but the note from Chip says he will do team wheels with another custom design. Let me know if you want to join. Orientation to team goals will be at their little Swiss chalet. I need to know how many will be on the team so I can tell the pilot how many will be riding in the corporate jet with me.
tbva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the post about the return of Giffords and had a brain storm...how about custom made ice cream logs with Santa Peeps inside.......yea........just the thing for holiday. I could deliver them in my cool new car
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't eaten a Peep in 20 years. Were they only yellow or do I also remember white Peeps? My mother made really beautiful Easter baskets. The faux grass and the jelly beans really made them. Funny that we never took pictures of them like we did the Christmas trees.
Polkat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea......... I don't think I'll go back to Virginia.
tbva

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check the Peep Museum collection to see if white ones were made. I remember yellow ones and pink ones later on....I'll drive on over there in my.............new car
Stargazer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Pumpkin Peeps Rule Reply with quote

Seriously. When I was about 5, I lived in Riverdale, in the Calvert Holmes government housing settlement. (with the white school up on the hill). I do recall Trick Or Treating, and being able to choose my treat from a plate. It was a semi-flat orange Marshmallow pumpkin made from The same material as Peeps. (Patented peep Stuff ?). It had black eyes, and dotted teeth. Being small, and uninformed, I ate it with gusto. I still love Halloween, but will never eat another Peep, or Pseudo-Peep.
tbva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: peeps revisited Reply with quote

There was a radio piece on NPR that made me smile. The interviewer was able to tour a peep factory and was able to sample a FRESH, WARM peep. All she could say was how wonderful it was, nothing like the texture and consistency of the ones that sit around on store shelves. Clearly, she got the peep promotion & PR job I had hoped to secure.
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again with the peeps!

Once I worked for a few weeks in the accounting department at an Armour Meats plant. Everyone insisted that the hot dogs were best just after they were assembled. I never tried one but I did get to see the buckets of tan mush that they filled them with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: