NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pumpkin "peeps"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbva

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Pumpkin "peeps" Reply with quote

I have seen a recent abomination...my beloved Easter "peeps" (those marshmallow treats shaped like Easter bunnies) are now in pumpkin shape! Is there no respect for tradition? I love them but the self limiting factor of Easter time availability helped me savor those things in moderation. Maybe I should buy 'em for the trick-or-treaters and see if they last until then? Next thing ya know there will be Santa peeps!
T
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a travesty! An abomination! Pumpkins don't even peep! Only sugarchicks peep.
tbva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: peeps Reply with quote

Perhaps we should start a grassroots campaign? This close to elections there may be matching funds. We need a theme that will be a great sound bite for the media to grab onto...."Justice for Peeps", "Peeps are the Real Pioneers"...any suggestions?
T
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Peeps For Peeps? Could we tack a rider on the bill that would eliminate protective packaging? I only want 1 lid on my milk.
tbva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: peeps Reply with quote

How about "Veeps for Peeps", the VP candidate may be willing to back this special interest group in exchange for....1)money 2) prestige 3) power 4) email addresses of former pages 5) all of the above :)
T
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that calling it a Special Interest "Group" might be an exaggeration. At this point it is a Special Interest Duo and I'm only half interested. I was really only feigning peep outrage to get you on board my Anti-Protective Packaging campaign, and when that failed...
tbva

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: peeps Reply with quote

Thanks for your support..I will trudge on. I do see a point of potential unification in the two issues.Those packages do drive me crazy. I can't tell you how many times I have risked life and limb by plunging a pair of scissors into a package to get to it. I broke a set of earphones trying to extricate them from the hard plastic display package. I bought two knives in one of those things too and, of course, had to use a knife to get to a knife. Grrrrrrrr
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My limbs are peppered with scars from trying to penetrate the hard plastic that they now mold over electronic goods - like your headphones. Come on, Peeps and Plastic, we can make it work.
SMcKnight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the outrage for expansion in seasonal forms of Peeps extends to the seasonal Hostess Sno-balls (green ones for St. Pat's, orange for All-Hallow's Eve, others?)
tbva

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We welcome all to our cause. But I do have to admit...I like the strings of outside lights (traditional Christmas style) with little pumpkins on 'em.......
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbva wrote:
We welcome all to our cause. But I do have to admit...I like the strings of outside lights (traditional Christmas style) with little pumpkins on 'em.......

OK, I'm adding that comment to the outrage over punkin peeps and am coming up with odd numbers. The press will chew you up if this ever gets out. You must either be for or against all holiday product mutations. There's no middle ground here, Sister.
tbva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK..it goes like this: I know a guy that is in need of money, for a 20.00 money order he designed a campaign for me. He called and told me to be home so my new Mercedes SLK 55 AMG could be delivered. It seems the Sugar Council heard about me and wanted to help with my basic transportation needs as I make my campaign stops. He assured be they are changing their corporate philosophy and I would be associated with "some really great guys". I have a check for 10 grand for a speaking engagement at their annual corporate getaway in their little Swiss chalet and I get to use the corporate suite there. They really are nice folks, very homey. Jack Abramoff assured me this was all ok and I would avoid any appearances of impropriety if I just kept sending him 20 dollar money orders each month. Seems OK to me, the car is really nice....I have to go supervise the guys from Unique who are here to detail it..it got a little bird poop on it yesterday.
tbva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I mention the Mercedes is silver? How did they know that's the best color? They really are a group of splendid fellows
tbva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nice guys at Unique pointed out the little hand written card from Chip Foose in my new car. He hopes I like the custom wheels he designed for me...they have "Santa Peeps Rule" engraved in the center caps. Did I mention what a nice car it is?
T
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that it was only a matter of time before they got to you. Hard to blame a girl, though. I mean, it IS a SILVER Mercedes. How does that Punkin Peep Air Freshener look dangling from the review mirror? And the rotating black and orange lights around the license plate?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: