NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s in fl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

I'm new to the site, just found it the other day. It's really bringing back memories for me.

I lived in Northern Virginia from 1965 to 1977 when I enlisted in the Army. For most of that time we lived in DarbyDale in Dale City. I graduated from Gar-Field in '77.

I've searched the site for a few places, but can't seem to find them. I worked at the 3Chefs restaurant in Marumsco plaza. Ms. Helbringer (Mrs. H to those that worked there) was my boss. She was a good, but very hard boss, and she took care of us. I received my black belt from Roberts School of Karate next to the 7-11 in Featherstone. I later enlisted in the same spot because it became a recruiting office.

One of my family's favorite restaurants was the Pilot House. That was our special place for important family dinners. I always had the trout because I liked it and it bugged my sister because it always had the head left on. I was sad to see that the restaurant no longer exists.

I bought my first motorcycle from the Yamaha shop on US1 near Marumsco before it was moved to the intersection of US1 and Smoketown road. Friday and Saturday nights were spent at the roller skating rink in Dumfries.

Just down the road from Gar-Field was a ratty little go-cart track. We used to have fun racing those old carts around the weedy track. One of my favorite things to do was to ride my ten-speed to Occoquan to go fishing below the little museum. We had a lot of fun exploring the river up to the larger dam too.

Ahhhhh... those were the days.

Scott
ChefJim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked Three Chefs in Annandale and did some shifts at the Marumsco restaurant, did you know Bob Webster ?...he worked at the Marumsco restaurant as the manager after working in Annandale for years.
s in fl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ChefJim,

I worked at the Marumsco restaurant from about '76 to September '77. I worked for Mrs. Helbringer. She had two assistant managers, Tom Grooms and Tom Lawrence. I don't recall a Bob Webster.

When did you work there?

As I recall, the owners of the restaurant also had another restaurant called the Spaghetti Mill. I can't remember where that place was but it seems that it was in Annandale.

Scott
ChefJim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i worked for them from 1968 through 1972 , I was the head cook and opener for the restaurant. They did have restaurants other than 3 chefs , The Old Spaghetti Mill and Mill Mining Company in Annandale on Little River Turnpike , The Mill Mining Company was a disco and was very popular , I met my wife there.
s in fl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was much before my time.

However, do you remember a cook named Floyd? A waitress named Theresa? I believe that they had worked at the restaurant forever before I started there. They were both very good people.

My step-brother worked there before me. I doubt you knew him though. His name is Tom Merritt Butchko.

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: