NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas 2007/Reflections of another year gone by

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeggyFair

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Christmas 2007/Reflections of another year gone by Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to all members of the Norvapics family. I'm just happy to be alive and well at this time of year. I count my blessings and am happy that I am living to see another year(well 5 more days until the new year but still). This time of year I get sad and happy at the same time. Sad, because another year that has gone by way too fast and happy that each year I see myself evolving for the better. I think back to my childhood and it brings a smile to my face when I see how fortunate I was to be able to enjoy some very good holidays and I almost wish I was back in those days, with no responsibility. I was born in 1975 so the "old days" for me are in the late 70s to mid 80s.lol...Okay, I'm just rambling now..but this time of year makes me very nostalgic.

It's Christmas morning 2007, time to put on some Nat King Cole and eat a big stack of French toast drenched in syrup and butter and thank God for all the blessings bestowed on me as a God fearing proud American!
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The New Year is always glad/sad for me too. Of course if I had been born in 1975 I would be a little bit happier and a whole lot younger! I could also eat French Toast drenched in syrup and butter without fear of pounds and heart disease. Sigh.

Thanks for hanging out with us and have a great '08.

DT
tbva

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and eat Santa peeps with abandon. Happy New Year
PeggyFair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dt wrote:
The New Year is always glad/sad for me too. Of course if I had been born in 1975 I would be a little bit happier and a whole lot younger! I could also eat French Toast drenched in syrup and butter without fear of pounds and heart disease. Sigh.

Thanks for hanging out with us and have a great '08.

DT

*chuckles* Happy New Year!
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbva wrote:
...and eat Santa peeps with abandon. Happy New Year

I was waiting for that one!
MikeW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Xmas in DC Reply with quote

We made our third annual visit in a row to NoVa for the Christmas holiday.
Took my kids to see the Jefferson Memorial & the Natl Christmas tree - perhaps the tackiest tourist stop in DC. Seeing TJ again & all that he was involved in was very impressive, plus they have parking.

We also hit Hains Point (the Awakening), Pentagon City, Olde Town , ice skating at Reston Center and the Frozen Dairy Bar.

As an out of towner I appreciate the D.C. area more each time I visit. Of course I didn't have to deal w/ the commuter traffic. It was nice to see the Mixing Bowl finally complete.
tbva

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you saw the sculpture...it is going to be moved soon to make way for development, of course. It will probably be mothballed for a while getting a rehab while awaiting it's new home.
Perhaps a temporary salute to the lovely Peeps could be placed there while awaiting the bulldozers? I could go take photos of adoring onlookers....kinda like the cherry blossoms
MikeW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they going to actually build on Hains Point?

That'd be a sin. Its such a unique downtown green space.
tbva

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last I saw in the paper they planned to move the sculpture to a new mega gazillion dollar waterfront development on the Virginia side of the river that is in the planning stages now. Rumor has it the developer bought the sculpture from the Park Service for a cool 750 grand. Don't know what will happen to it's present spot but the Park Service is in charge of that property
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: