NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wham-O Super Stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Wham-O Super Stuff Reply with quote

This was a pinkish powder that after adding water would turn into pink goo. Wham-o also made Super Elastic Bubble Plastic, Frisbee, over-sized soap bubble wands, Super Balls and more.

Polkat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be one of the lighter things that Whamo made. They also made more 'violent' toys such as high powered pellet guns and slingshots (both of which I had of course). Eventually, because of safety concerns for these 'toys,' the ads started hiding in more adult oriented magazines such as Mechanic Illustrated and others. Much of their stuff is still for sale today.
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I think they also made slingshots and supersoakers.
Kate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember using a very similar product (adding water to make a variety of gooey things), however I do not believe it was called Wham-O Super Stuff. Perhaps they changed their name to market to my (younger) generation!
NORVANative

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Silly Putty? Reply with quote

I remember the one time my parents opted to buy some Silly Putty, which was also pink and packaged in a plastic egg. You could roll it up into a ball, bounce it, even stretch it over pictures in the funny page and life an impression. My brother left it out one day on our carpet in the rec room and it sort of seeped into the fibers. My mother could never get it out. That was the first, and last, Silly Putty we ever had.

Speaking of balls, does anyone remember Super Balls?
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Balls were considered very cool in our neighborhood when they were first released (1965?). I seem to remember most of them ending up getting bounced onto rooftops where they'd get stuck in the rain gutters.
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were amazing. They would bounce high and forever.
Pebble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Wham-o Super Stuff Reply with quote

I managed to locate some Super Stuff ciirca 1969 at Christmastime (and paid a pretty penny, I might add). I debated on whether I should try to mix it or to save it in its original packaging, but the kid in me won out, and 40+ years later, it still set up perfectly! It brought back all the memories, though I remembered it as being red as opposed to the bright pink that is. But what a wonderful surprise- only thing is, I will be so bummed out when it's no longer viable... Sad Please being it back, Wham-o!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: