NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arlington Christmas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainstreetmarshall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to buy our trees at the fruit market that was at Duke Street and Telegraph Road, back when the railroad tracks passed over the road in a very tight overpass. Later on when we moved to Burgundy Village, we bought trees at a school up on Burgundy Road. I guess they sold them as a fund raiser.
SandyP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Hays Hill Reply with quote

I don't remember a water tower at the top of Hays Hill, but we sure had great times sledding down it. A friend of mine lost her front teeth in a sledding accident going down that hill. They would have campfires at the top for warming up.
mainstreetmarshall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The christmas tree topic made me remember that tight overpass again. In first grade, attending the grade school at the bottom of Quaker Lane, we used to have to go through that overpass each day. It was our custom to reach out the windows of the bus and try to touch the side of the concrete wall as we passed under the railroad tracks. Can you imagine the mess something like that would cause nowadays? Lawsuits, firings, expulsions and other mayham Im sure.
ChefJim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going to 'F' street in Washington D.C. to see the Christmas displays back in the late 50's, my parents would always take my two sisters and I downtown at night to see them. They had alot of animated displays in all the store front windows and always thrilled us as youngsters, ahhh, the good old days ! We used to buy our Christmas trees from St. Michael's in Annandale where we went to school as kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: