NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S&H Green Stamps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbva

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: crockpots Reply with quote

...probably because she bought 'em with stamps :)
Green Valley Days

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Aunt used to collect these back in the '60s, especially when we lived in VA. She hit the motherlode one day when my Uncle bought a brand new 1963 Chevrolet Impala at a Alexandria Chevy dealership that gave S&H greenstamps with new car purchases. The car was around $3200. I was with them when they bought the car, but don't recall the name of the dealership. I'm sure it was Alexandria though (around August 1963).
Polkat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandmother was a freak for S&H stamps. There was a redemption center in Arlington but I don't remember where. Gas stations were one of the biggest pushers of these stamps as I recall.
NORVANative

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
There was a green stamp store in Marlow Heights MD right next to Iverson Mall. I think my parents got a BBQ grill there one time after collecting those stamps forever.

I seem to remember there was also a redemption store in Annandale just to the left of the Super Giant food store. And I believe my Dad also bought himself a round charcoal grill there after cashing in some "books" of stamps.

A.
ChefJim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a top Value Stamps redemption store next to the Super Giant, my dad used to work at the Peoples Drug Store there, I got my first job there also at the soda fountain. you would not recognize the area now.
NORVANative

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Peoples Reply with quote

I also worked at Peoples, and was there when they did the remodeling that tore the soda fountain out. BOY, is THAT something that's disappeared from the American scene - soda fountains in "5&10" stores. I used to enjoy the sundays they served in stainless steel fluted bowls. And after the remodeling, they decided to keep the ice machine running. We'd often have folks stop by to fill up their beer coolers in the summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> General Memories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: