NorVApics Home
Vintage Images
Access Image Gallery
Vintage Amusements
Vintage Maps
Scans of Ticket Stubs from Concerts in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks for Sale from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Yearbooks pictures from Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fallen Angels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Fallen Angels Reply with quote

(received this email today)

Message about The Fallen Angels from the late 60's by drummer Thumper September 2009 The Fallen Angels Jack Bryant - Wally Cook - CJ (Charlie Jones) and Thumper are back together. Sundazed Records has re-released 7" 45 Vinyl of Who Do You Love/Hello Girl available at Sundazed or Amazon.com

This record has been nominated for a Wammy from WAMA winner to be determined Feb 2010

See www.Thefallenangels.com
billjentz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Fallen Angels Reply with quote

Terrific for them ! I never saw them in person, but I did see The Telstars many times at the Bayou and "New" Macs during 1967-1969. Any news on them?
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother Jentz,

Will post if I hear anything from or about them.

DT
billjentz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: DC Band info Reply with quote

Last i heard, Ronnie Wilson of The Telstars was working in a music store in uptown DC. I may have posted this info a few years ago on the old message boards: You should try to find and contact Robert Embrey, who used to publish a small fanzine called "DC Monuments" out of Manassas. The guy is an expert on 60's era DC-area bands. I have all his issues somewhere, but I do have Issue #11 (1999) in front of me. The main article is on The Hangmen, with other stuff on the groups Natty Bumpo, The Adapters, Misters Virtue, The Tower of London, Vernon Taylor..also has a repro of the WEAM-TEAM Top 40 chart for Feb 66, with a Hangmen song as #1 in DC area.
This fanzine was published out of PO Box 750, Manassas Park, Va 20113.
I am planning to be in Arlington area next week, let me know again how to contact you...we tried a few years ago....
dt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I live in Kansas City, just west of Arlington.
billjentz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: I got you confused with Scott McKnight... Reply with quote

so, Scott, if you see this, e mail me at my Fort Myer e mail address..i plan to be in Arlington this Wed through Friday...taking pics, etc
SMcKnight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot. I just now saw this. I guess I need to stop in more often. And look around more thorougly.

-Scott
billjentz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Myer visit Reply with quote

Yes, you missed me by two months..I am not sure when i will be back down again, maybe in January or February...e mail me at my Fort Myer e mail address as e mail might be better way to do this
SMcKnight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Where do I find our Ft. Myer email address?

-Scott
billjentz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: bill e mail address Reply with quote

hi

BJentzFortMyer@aol.com

or go to my site..www.FortMyerVaMemories.com

and you can get me through that..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NorVApics.com Forum Index -> Music and Media All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: